Monday, April 20, 2009

Trouble buckling down on school work?

I%26#039;m a junior in high school and my entire life I%26#039;ve been really great in school. I mean, I cried when I got my first C at high school, just to give you some background. I am in advanced placement classes; this could be the problem but it never has been this much of an obstacle before. Freshman and Sophomore year I%26#039;ve done great, but for some reason I%26#039;m having major issues trying to buckle down on my work. It%26#039;s like I can%26#039;t grasp when things are due and I don%26#039;t realize they will be as difficult as they are. It%26#039;s been like this for a month or two now and my grades are starting to fall. A teacher (not my teacher) commented that I was too young for %26#039;senioritis,%26#039; is it possible that I am not?


symptoms: tired, heavy procrastination, %26quot;numbed%26quot; emotions, lack of enthusiasm/motivation, unable to think clearly


Note that I have been tested for A.D.D. (multiple times) and I don%26#039;t have it.


Please don%26#039;t leave joke answers or just comment on things I%26#039;ve said instead of answering.

Trouble buckling down on school work?
I was always a good student in high school and all throughout my educational life, and I had the ability to do well on tests while barely studying for them. It was good for me up through high school, and I got into a very good college (University of Pennsylvania). And now that I%26#039;m here, I%26#039;m having the exact same trouble as you are. The problem is, in my case at least (and quite possibly yours) is that you%26#039;ve never developed proper study skills





So I%26#039;m going to suggest for you what I%26#039;ve done. I make myself a schedule, and tell myself what I%26#039;m going to do and when I%26#039;m going to do it, and, short of a dire emergency, I do not deviate from that schedule. So far, it%26#039;s really helped me.





Good luck!



tanning

No comments:

Post a Comment